Does the idea of going wild camping scare you? Do you stick to the campgrounds with their pre-defined tent pitches, strict rules about making campfires, and crowds of glampers talking on their phones and listening to music instead of the birds?
Campgrounds can be wonderful places and certainly have their perks. But after seeing these camping photos, you’ll want to stake your tent in the wild!
1. Because when you go wild camping, you get to decide whether you want a waterfront view, mountain view, or both!
2. Because you can make home wherever you want it to be for the night.
3. Where others make day trip to cultural monuments, you wake up at them.
4. The ground is “littered” with flowers instead of trash
5. What’s light pollution?
6. You’ll be serenaded by birds instead of bad music from campers who brought along a stereo system.
7. You can finally let your kids run free
8. Make a wish. Or two. Or one thousand.
9. Because there’s no need to make a reservation with nature. And you’ll probably get rid of some of your reservations on the way. 😉
10. You can pick your own snacks.
11. Because “caveman TV” beats the real TVs that some people bring to campgrounds.
Want to go wild camping but don’t know how? Read:
- How to Plan a Wild Camping Trip and Enjoy Nature for Free
- How to Scout Out a Wild Camping Spot before Your Trip